State Level Faculty Development Program – Internet of Things (IoT) using Raspberry Pi
Participants – 20
Coordinator – Dr Santosh Parakh(+91 9970201800)
Resource Person – Dr. Amol Goje | Dr. Sanajy Biswash | Dr. Dhirendra Kumar Sharma.
About Workshop –
Internet of Things, or IoT in short, is the idea of making devices and objects smarter by linking them to the internet. With IoT, you could for example have a fridge notify you when there’s no milk. IoT has promising applications for smart homes, wearable devices, smart cities, connected cars and more.
This workshop introduces you to the amazing world of IoT and its fascinating applications. Using a Raspberry Pi computer and a DHT sensor, you will develop an electronic device that streams temperature and humidity data over the internet. You can program the system in such a way that say whenever the temperature exceeds a certain limit, the device will automatically send an email notification!
This workshop will highlight on
- What “the Internet of Things” means and how it relates to Cloud computing concepts
- How open platforms allow you to store your sensor data in the Cloud
- The basic usage of the Raspberry Pi environment for creating your own embedded projectsat low cost.
- How to connect your Raspberry Pi with your Android phone.
- How to send data to the Internet and talk to the Cloud.
- How to update sensor readings on Twitter (Social Networking Sites).
- Control a Relay Switch by texting from your Phone.
At the end of this workshop, the Participant will acquire following skills
- To understand and apply basics of IoT, Sensors and Actuators.
- To understand and analyze Raspberry Pi Programming & Interface of Sensors
- To understand basics of Cloud Computing, SOAP and Web Services.
- To understand, analyze and apply Popular Cloud Computing Services for Sensor Management.
- To create real life IoT applications.
Day wise Agenda
|Day 1||Introduction to the Internet of Things
The Raspberry PiPlatform
Reading from Sensors
Programming fundamentals ( C language )
Programming fundamentals ( C ++ language )
Programming fundamentals ( Python language )
Raspberry PiProgramming & Interface of Sensors
Project 1: Simple LED Program for Raspberry Pi
Project 2: Integrating Sensors & Reading Environmental Physical Values.
Project 3: Reading Environmental Values on Android Smartphone.
|Day 2||Talking to your Android Phone with Raspberry Pi
Connecting Raspberry Pi with Mobile Device.
The Android Mobile OS.
Using the Bluetooth Module
Project 4: Voice Controlled Mini Home Automation using Android Smartphone
Project 5: Control Devices using Local host Web Server for Home Automation.
|Day 3||Project 6: Being Social on Twitter & update status on Twitter through Raspberry Pi
Project 7: Send Voltage& Analog Data on Cloud Server.
|Day 4||Popular Cloud Computing Services for Sensor Management.
Project 8: Use Raspberry Pi to Upload free data from Environmental Sensors to Cloud Server.
|Day 5||Project 10: Receive Automatic Call Notification on Mobile Phone for Burglar Alarm using IoT Platform.
Project 11: Control Electronic Devices from anywhere across the world using Internet & Mobile App.